Saturday, June 2, 2012
Beyoncé to Make Post-Baby Return to the Big Screen in Animated Kids Flick
Rihanna and Jonah Hill on the set of The End of the World. (FameFlynet)
• It'll probably be awhile before Rihanna decides to cash in on children's programming. The Barbados-born pop star is currently filming a cameo as herself in The End of the World, also known as Seth Rogen's directorial debut. Pictures from the set reveal that she's several thousand times hotter than her co-star Jonah Hill, and that she's working a black weave in the film.
• Also, Rihanna's posting nudie photos of herself on Instagram but she sort of has a good reason: Her new perfume is called Nude, remember?
• Everyone's talking about the inch of rear end that Rihanna has on display in the new Esquire UK, but what's more interesting is how angry she gets in the interview when asked about her recent collaborations with Chris Brown. She's much, much cheerier when asked who she thinks is hot: "Ooh! Cheryl Cole is...hot. I would just like to watch her work. Preferably cleaning things on the floor. Picking up stuff on the floor. Bending over."
The singer eventually confessed that Adele is even hotter, though.
Justin Bieber happily admits this is not the house for him.
• It's okay to laugh at the fact that Justin Bieber ran into a glass door in Paris on Thursday now that it's clear he's going to be just fine. HAHAHAHA!
The Biebs walked directly into a glass door backstage during his concert in the City of Lights, but completed his performance despite feeling disoriented. The singer eloquently told TMZ, "I guess me and glass windows just don't work." He also tweeted, "i will see u again Glass. I will have my revenge. BIEBER vs GLASS. MGM LAS VEGAS 2013. lol. #GottaLaughAtYourself."
• Because Beliebers are sometimes prone to overreaction, the hashtag #PrayforJustin trended yesterday.
• Today in Anonymous Sources News: Katy Perry reportedly refused to cut her ex-husband Russell Brand out of her new 3-D concert film Part of Me. But Brand is so busy preparing for the MTV Movie Awards (and inviting fans via Twitter!) that it's safe to say he's no longer too worried about it.
• Madonna kicked off her latest world tour in Tel Aviv, Israel on Thursday. Though the longtime pop star has been making headlines for her not-so-subtle jabs at Lady Gaga, she also made a plea for peace:
I chose to start my world tour in Israel for a very specific and important reason. If we can all rise above our egos and our titles and the names of our countries and our religions, and treat everyone around us with respect, then we are on the road to peace." • Meanwhile, Lady Gaga is predicting she'll be more Liza Minelli than Madge 35 years down the line, tweeting, "don't judge me if 35 years from now I have a clothing line like Liza. sort of a suppressed dream. I WANT TO SELL VELOUR and sparkly CHARMS!"
Lil Wayne: Tweeting mad about NBA playoffs. (Getty)
• Lil Wayne is under the impression that he can just waltz into NBA playoffs games without a ticket and then complain about it via Twitter when he's denied. The face of entitlement has some sparkly teeth these days. Except he's a Spurs fan, so, he wins anyway.
• Big Sean brags about rocking "Louboutin condoms" in his collaboration with Chris Brown and Wiz Khalifa, "Till I Die." Luckily these fantasy luxury items do not make an appearance in the new music video for the track.
Now that Beyonce has a child, she's taking it easy—meaning that her first post-Blue Ivy movie role will require precious little time in front of a camera. Also in music news, Justin Bieber gave himself a concussion but didn't lose his sense of humor, Madonna kicked off her world tour with a bid for peace in Tel Aviv, Rihanna has a hilarious appreciation for Cheryl Cole's rear end (but still believes one other pop star is hotter), and more.
• Big surprise: Beyonce remains the hardest worker in the business of show. With a string of Atlantic City gigs behind her, the pop superstar will soon set to work on Epic, an animated kids film from the makers of Ice Age and Rio.
According to Deadline, Beyonce will voice the character Queen Tara alongside vocals by Colin Ferrell, Josh Hutcherson, Amanda Seyfried, Aziz Ansari, Jason Sudeikis, Steven Tyler, and others. It isn't Beyonce's first venture into children's fare: She voiced Shine, the lead singer of a pop group called The Wubb Girlz, on Nickelodeon's Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! in 2009.