Thursday, June 7, 2012
Oh, One Direction's Niall Horan Is Crushing on Demi Lovato
• Justin's girlfriend, Selena Gomez, is a bonafide good girl. She told Interview magazine that she had to be trained how to smoke: "I mean, I'd never smoked a cigarette before in my entire life. It was really funny—they had to show me how to do it."
• Erykah Badu is furious with the Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne over the extremely NSFW video for their collaborative song, "The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face."
The singer-songwriter lashed out at Coyne via Twitter on Wednesday, stating that she felt "violated" by the piece, which was apparently disseminated before she'd even had a chance to view a rough cut.
In a lengthy missive, Badu noted, "When asked what the concept meant after u explained it , u replied, "it doesn't mean anything, I just want to make a great video that everyone is going to watch." I understood, because as an artist we all desire that. But we don't all do it at another artist's expense."
Badu called the finished product a "tasteless, meaningless, shock motivated video," and concluded, "As a human I am disgusted with your what appears to be desperation and poor execution. And disregard for others. As a director I am unimpressed. As a sociologist I understand your type. As a woman I feel violated and underestimated."
Coyne grossly responded, "Dang!!!!! @fatbellybella you really know how to do it!!!! You hatin on me has gotten the video 100,000 more views !!!LOVE LOVE LOVE."
John Mayer and Taylor Swift: Not-so-friendly exes. (Getty)
• Taylor Swift and John Mayer nearly ran into each other at some celebrity hotspot in Los Angeles the same day his whiny comments about being hurt by her song "Dear John" hit the Internet. Someone's publicist is working really hard.
• Axl Rose is probably happy the police have recovered $200,000 worth of jewelry that was stolen from him in Paris.
• Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs is touring the U.S. this summer, promising glitter, dancing dinosaurs, and intensely catchy disco beats from coast to coast. Find out more about T.E.E.D. and the upcoming debut album Trouble on the T.E.E.D. Tumblr, and check out a new Miguel Campbell remix of the song "Stronger" below.
It's a match made in publicist heaven: One Direction cutie Niall Horan appears to have it bad for former Disney star Demi Lovato. If this means she's done with serial cradle robber Wilmer Valderrama once and for all, we're all for it. Also in music news, Justin Bieber bought a new house, Selena Gomez had to be taught how to smoke a cigarette while filming her new movie, Erykah Badu is furious at Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips, and more.
• The long-running rumor that One Direction blondie Niall Horan has an ongoing flirtation with X Factor judge Demi Lovato was confirmed this week when the group participated in a celebrity match-up game on Canadian entertainment program etalk.
Asked to name which One Direction member would be best matched with a random smattering of female celebrities, all of the young Brits insisted that Niall should be paired with Demi Lovato. Hirsute jokester Harry Styles even wrote "Niall dreams dirty things!"
Lovato, 19, is apparently chummy with Horan and One Direction's Liam Payne, as she recently tweeted at them, "hey boys... did you know..... i can speaka to the munkey...... ?!" Obviously Ms. Lovato shares an inside joke or two with these guys, so clearly she and Horan should just go ahead and get married. If Miley's doing it, why can't Demi?
• Given his taste in cars, we're curious to see how Justin Bieber goes about decorating the $6.5 million mansion he reportedly purchased in Calabasas, California.