Wednesday, June 6, 2012

John Mayer Was 'Humiliated' by Taylor Swift's 'Dear John'


Maybe Taylor is responsible for the "I've Given Up On Myself" look Mayer is sporting these days.

Mayer closed with a jab at his ex, because he's classy now: "I will say as a songwriter that I think it's kind of cheap songwriting. I know she's the biggest thing in the world, and I'm not trying to sink anybody's ship, but I think it's abusing your talent to rub your hands together and go, 'Wait till he gets a load of this!' That's bull**it."

You know what else is bull? Waiting until you have an album out to talk about your exes with the press.

  •  Here's a funny thing: Chris Brown believes he's the victim of bullying. This gem popped up on his Twitter feed on Tuesday evening:
 The statement came after Brown narrowly avoided a Twitter feud with one of his artistic superiors, Cher. One of Cher's followers asked her how she felt about Chris Brown saying he was going to hit her—something he never said—to which she responded, "I Don't know? Is that something he's particularly Good at ?"

Brown responded, "@cher if this is your real twitter I would like to say that some of ur fans like @cherarmy1 are spreading false accusations!" He added, "I have the utmost respect for u as an artist! @cher . Just to clear this up!"

Cher cheerfully responded, "Thanks Chris,Appreciate The Sentiment!As an artist I'm Always Impressed by u!Nowar!no throw 'n Shade!Just peace Goin C Pres.2morrow,Amexcited."

   •  On Sunday, when Nicki Minaj was scheduled to appear at Hot 97's Summer Jam on Sunday, Lil Kim tweeted, "Hot damn ho here we go again. Monkey see monkey do. I heard the haters are joining forces against the Queen. LMAO !!!! Have a great show!!! Break a leg!!!! Hahahaha!!!! My love for the female hip hop movement has always been genuine. All the females I've been bringing out recently I have love for. If u see anybody else doing it ... Its not genuine ...Know it's only to copy and compete with me ........ For those of u who have been brainwashed by the fraud ...Let's open our eyes not people ...the clone is not bringing laadies out for the luv. It's strictly because I'm doing it ! :) Love u Team Kim and all my fans across the world ..they'll believe one day very soon !!"

Kim is next scheduled to perform at Agoura Hills' Canyon Club.

  •  When asked about a rumor that Nicki had been planning to stage a mock funeral for Lil Kim at Summer Jam, Minaj sniped, "That's not even in my character. Please stop spreading rumors giving people false hope that they are still relevant."

One thing's for sure: Minaj is better at dissing than Kim.

  •  Fiona Apple is back and at her best in the just-released track "Anything We Want." Her new album is out June 19, making it the perfect antidote to Justin Bieber's Believe.

You'll never catch Taylor Swift talking smack on anyone in an interview, but her songs are another story: Just ask ex-flame John Mayer. Mayer, who recently announced that he'd finally learned how to shut his mouth, told Rolling Stone that Swift's tune "Dear John" made him "feel terrible." This coming from the guy who once gave the paparazzi a street speech about why he broke up with Jennifer Aniston.

Also in music news, Chris Brown thinks he's being bullied and Cher is somehow involved , Billy Corgan is trying to put a pro wrestling reality show together, and of course Lil Kim is still talking about Nicki Minaj.

  •  All of John Mayer's ex-girlfriends are probably rolling their eyes this morning at the singer-songwriter's reaction to "Dear John," a song Taylor Swift is believed to have penned about him.

Mayer, who was linked to Swift, twelve years his junior, for a few months in 2009 and 2010, told Rolling Stone, "It made me feel terrible because I didn't deserve it. I'm pretty good at taking accountability now, and I never did anything to deserve that. It was a really lousy thing for her to do."

The song includes the lyrics, "Dear John, I see it all, now it was wrong / Don't you think 19 is too young to be played by your dark twisted games, when I loved you so?" While Swift never admitted who the song was about, she did confess that it was pretty obvious, telling one interviewer, "Everyone will know, so I don't really have to send out emails on this one."

"I never got an email. I never got a phone call," Mayer complained. "I was really caught off-guard, and it really humiliated me at a time when I'd already been dressed down. I mean, how would you feel if, at the lowest you've ever been, someone kicked you even lower?"

No comments:

Post a Comment