Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hi, Do You Want to Know That Celebs Who Were Bullied


Celebs Who Were Bullied
Not all stars grow up rich, famous, and ultra cool.

The Picked-On
It's a little hard to imagine, but once upon a time these stars were the subjects of schoolyard torment. Now, of course, they've achieved fame and fortune, but most haven't forgotten about the times they were teased and taunted on the playground. Check out the stars who got picked on before they made it into the spotlight.



1. Lady Gaga
Back before she was Lady Gaga, people made fun of her for the way she dressed and talked. "I had a very big nose, very curly brown hair and I was overweight. I got made fun of," she said. My how things have changed.


2. Miley Cyrus
This Disney star reflected on getting locked in the bathroom in her autobiography. "These were big, tough girls,” Miley wrote. “I was scrawny and short. They were fully capable of doing me bodily harm. They shoved me in. I was trapped. I banged on the door until my fists hurt. Nobody came. I spent what felt like an hour in there, waiting for someone to rescue me.”

3. Paris Jackson
Even the King of Pop's daughter has to deal with cruelty from her peers. Paris Jackson opened up to Oprah about how the transition from home-schooling to LA's prestigious Buckley School is not without its challenges. "[Bullies] are at school and some people try to cyber bully me," she told Oprah. "They try to get me with words." Jackson, however, says she tries not to let it get to her and that she enjoys the social life of being in school.


4. Demi Lovato
Demi was bullied as a kid and now wants to help others in the same situation. “I never really understood why (I was being bullied) until looking back,” Demi told Ellen DeGeneres in an interview. “I had a different lifestyle than everyone else. I want to help with bullying, because there are girls who can’t just up and home-school and focus on their career.”


5. Tom Cruise
He's one of the most recognized names in Hollywood, but he spent lots of time getting picked on by bigger kids in his early years. "So many times the big bully comes up, pushes me,” he said. “Your heart’s pounding, you sweat, and you feel like you’re going to vomit. I’m not the biggest guy, I never liked hitting someone, but I know if I don’t hit that guy hard he’s going to pick on me all year. I go, ‘You better fight.’ I just laid it down. I don’t like bullies." That's how it's done.


6. Jessica Simpson
Jessica Simpson has dealt with her share of bullies in the press, but at least they weren't throwing TP. "Some of them would throw toilet paper at my house or throw eggs at my door,” she said about being bullied in her younger years. “They would also write things on the sidewalk in permanent marker. They really hated me."


7. Taylor Swift
This country star gets the last laugh now that some of her old bullies want her autograph. She's a good sport about it, though. “It was bittersweet, because it made me realize that they didn’t remember being mean to me and that I needed to forget about it too. Really, if I hadn’t come home from school miserable every day, maybe I wouldn’t have been so motivated to write songs. I should probably thank them!”


8. Tyra Banks
Tyra practically has her own empire these days, and we bet the mean boy she had a crush on way back when is sorry he never gave the supermodel the time of day. "He used to say, ‘I do not want that tall, skinny, braces mouth, big forehead girl anywhere near me.’ I just broke down," she said. Big mistake. Huge.


9. Robert Pattinson
Robert Pattinson can't get the ladies off him now, but he was just another bullied kid before he shot to fame. "I got beaten up by a lot of people when I was younger," the Twilight star said. "I was a bit of an idiot, but I always thought the assaults were unprovoked. I liked to behave like an actor, or how I thought an actor was supposed to be, and that apparently provoked a lot of people into hitting me."


10. Victoria Beckham
Victoria Beckham is pretty much as cool and stylish as they come nowadays, but that wasn't exactly what her classmates thought back in the day. “People would push me around, say they were going to beat me up after school, chase me,” she said. “It was miserable, my whole schooling, miserable." Maybe they were just jealous.


11. Sandra Bullock
She's an Oscar-winning box office draw now, but being bullied left a permanent mark. "Kids are mean, and the sad thing is that I can still remember the first and last names of every one of those kids who were mean to me!" she said. She said she didn't dress or act like the other kids "so I got my ass whooped a little bit."


12. Christina Aguilera
Christina's song "Beautiful" is written for people who are treated poorly for being different, and it's a matter near and dear to her heart. "I would get a lot of cold shoulders because there was just no way they could relate to what I loved to do," she said.

13. Michelle Tratchenberg
Michelle Tratchenburg played a not-so-nice high schooler on Gossip Girl, but when she was in school she was the one who got picked on. "This one girl threw me down a flight of stairs, fractured my ribs, punched and fractured my nose, and told the principal I used the word ‘b***h’ and got me detention,” she said in an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment