Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lady Gaga Sings of Suicide in New Song 'Princess Die'


Leave the coffin open when I go
Leave my pearls and lipstick on so everybody knows
Pretty I'll be, the photograph I'll leave
Laying down on famous knives so everybody sees

Bleach out all the dark, I'll swallow each peroxide shot
Someone I know and love could save me from myself
Maybe I'll just clean the shit off of these fancy shoes
I'll be a Princess Die and die with you

I wish that I was strong
I wish that I was wrong
I wish that I could cope
But I took pills and left a note

I'm hungry from an anorexic heart
I've been trying to tell you how I feel but was never very smart
I'm wrapped in silks made for Egyptian queens
I'll do it in the swimming pool so everybody sees Bleach out all the dark, I'll swallow each peroxide shot
Volumes I know and love could save me from myself
Maybe I'll just clean the shit off of these fancy shoes
I'll be a Princess Die and die with you

Princess Die
I want to see her cry
Princess Die, Princess Die
We wanna watch her cry
Princess Die

I wish that I was strong
I wish that I was wrong
I wish that I could cope
But I took pills and left a note

I wish that I could go
In a rich boyfriend's limo
Right after he proposed
With a 16-carat stone wrapped in rose gold
With the paparazzi all swarming 'round in my Louis Vuitton white button-down
Oh it's not that deep
So bob your head for another dead blonde
Whose real prince is in heaven
She just wants to sleep

The final act of life will be in my own hands to do
I'll be a Princess Die and die with you
Applaud, approve.

Woah there, suicidal ideation. While the song is stronger than most of what's featured on Gaga's sophomore album Born This Way, its troubling lyrical content makes it hard not to worry that Gaga's working herself a little too hard.

What do you think of the new song?

Lady Gaga was careful to spell out the title of her newest song, "Princess Die," when she debuted it in Melbourne, Australia on Tuesday evening. Seated at her motorcycle keyboard, the singer admitted she wasn't sure if the dark new tune would be featured on her upcoming album, but that she wanted to share it with the superfans who'd showed up at several of the Australian dates on her Born This Way Ball tour.

"This song is a little bit sad. And it's in no way reflective of the rest of the music on the album, but it's about some of the most deep and personal thoughts I've ever had," Gaga explained.

She then launched into a truly mournful tune about leaving a pretty corpse. Watch the video below, and read on for the "Princess Die" lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment