Thursday, May 31, 2012
Emma Stone to Guest Star on 'iCarly'
• Former child star Tina Marjorino is headed to True Blood. The actress, whose previous credits include recurring stints on Veronica Mars and Bones, will play a key member of the Vampire Authority’s support staff (via TVLine). True Blood returns for its fifth season on Sunday, June 10 at 9/8c.
• DVR Watch: Breaking Pointe offers a behind-the-scenes look at the cutthroat world of a professional ballet company (CW, 8pm), Duets has the stars and their contestants tackling new songs (ABC, 8pm), Martin and Abigail seek common ground on the custody battle for Jake in the Touch season finale (Fox, 8pm), Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding has Kim debating about whether to wear her wig to her wedding (Bravo, 9:30pm), Andy and Swarek chase down a violent teen fugitive on Rookie Blue (ABC, 10pm), and Men at Work has Gibbs and Milo contemplating a threesome with a woman that they meet at a bar (TBS, 10pm).
• Further proof that maybe the Mayans are right about the world ending in 2012: Another contestant from Toddlers & Tiaras is getting her own spin-off series. Six-year-old pageant queen Alana Thompson (who you may remember from this nightmare episode) will star in Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. The show will follow her rural Georgia family as they do things such as off-road driving and eat road kill for dinner. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo will premiere in August.
• Former Dancing with the Stars champion J.R. Martinez has landed himself a guest spot on Army Wives! The Season 13 winner will play a physical therapist who works with wounded veterans. Martinez, a veteran of the Iraq War, suffered severe burns over 40% of his body after his Humvee struck a land mine. Martinez's Army Wives episode will air at the end of August.
• ABC passed on Devious Maids, the soapy new drama from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, but there may still be hope for the project. Deadline reports that Lifetime is eyeing the drama for a possible pick-up. Loosely based on the Mexican telenovela The Disorderly Maids Of The Neighborhood, Devious Maids tells the story of four ambitious housekeepers (played by Ugly Betty‘s Ana Ortiz, Scrubs‘ Judy Reyes, Heroes‘ Dania Ramirez and Without a Trace‘s Roselyn Sanchez) who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Susan Lucci also stars as one maid's employer.
• Showtime has renewed Nurse Jackie for a fifth season and hired former Dexter boss Clyde Phillips as the new showrunner. Phillips replaces the dark comedy’s co-creators, Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius.
iCarly is wrapping up production on its final season, but it's still got some tricks up its sleeves. EW reports that The Amazing Spider-Man star Emma Stone is set to make a cameo appearance in an upcoming episode of the hit Nickelodeon series.
Stone will play an energetic iCarly superfan who Carly (Miranda Cosgrove) meets while she's trying to find her brother (Jerry Trainor) some adult friends. This isn't the first time that iCarly has nabbed a big name guest star—Michelle Obama, One Direction, Jane Lynch, and Jack Black have all appeared on episodes of the exuberant kids' comedy. Jimmy Fallon and three of the stars of Pawn Stars are also slated to appear in the show's fifth and final season, which will conclude in November.